I finally broke down and created this special area for our breakfast needs. My husband works from home and makes himself coffee every morning. For myself, I drink tea, especially during the cold months, and I wanted a space that spoke to me and that I could find everything I needed for my cup of tea since tea is more than a drink – it is life-giving and life-sustaining. There is so much more to tea than drinking leaves steeped in hot water.
One of my favorite ways to make tea is the way Douglas Adams, author of The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy described in 1999. It really works well. It’s the using a hot cup that really does the trick. You can read his brilliant way to brew tea by clicking here.
Here is George Orwell’s take on it as well: A Nice Cup of Tea
What I’ve discovered about brewing tea is that the simple ways are the best ways.
- If you’re making tea one cup at a time, the cup should be hot.
- The water should be boiling.
- The tea bag should not be left in the cup once it has been steeped.
- And under no circumstances should the tea bag be squeezed.
- Sugar, honey, agave, your sweetener is your choice, but I prefer the tried and true sugar.
Check out my instagram later today for the cup of tea I had this morning with my breakfast bagel!