The Winchester Brothers travel back and forth across the country in Baby, their 1967 Chevy Impala. I never much paid attention to some of the place names until in one episode Dean mentioned that he was going to Buffalo, New York because his Dad’s old storage locker was broken into. He was in Queens, New York, and said he’d be there in two hours.
I stared at my screen.
I’ve lived in New York my whole life, including spending my elementary years in Queens, and I’ve been to Buffalo. It is not a two hour drive, I don’t care how fast you’re going.
It’s almost 400 miles! That’s six hours and fifteen minutes IF, and that’s a big if, you’re going the speed limit, don’t stop off in any small towns where the speed limit is lowered drastically, don’t need to get gas, and there is no traffic.
Oh, and four hundred miles in a 1967 Chevy? You will definitely need to get gas. At least twice!
Here is a list of fifteen places the Winchesters visited during the series. I’ve included the episode when they first went there. Some places like Kansas, South Dakota, and Fall River, Massachusetts they’ve been to multiple times over the years.
Note: The notation: 1.1 is Season 1, Episode 1.
- Lawrence, Kansas [Pilot, 1.1]
- Lebanon, Kansas [As Time Goes By, 8.12]
- Buffalo, New York [Bad Day at Black Rock, 3.3]
- Lily Dale, New York [The Mentalists, 7.7]
- Ankeny, Iowa [Hook Man, 1.7]
- Sioux Falls, South Dakota [Devil’s Trap, 1.22] *
- Las Vegas, Nevada [Season Seven, Time for a Wedding!, 7.8]
- Vancouver, BC, Canada [The French Mistake, 6.15]
- Grants Pass, Oregon [Mommy Dearest, 6.19]
- Hollywood, California [Hollywood Babylon, 2.18]
- Cicero, Indiana [The Kids Are Alright [3/2]
- Sturbridge, Massachusetts [Malleus Maleficarum, 3.9]
- Monument, Colorado [Jus in Bello, 3.12]
- Fall River, Massachusetts [Mamma Mia, 12.2] *
- Windom, Minnesota [Jump the Shark, 4.19] *
* A couple of fun things:
Sioux Falls, South Dakota is where Bobby Singer lives. It’s like a home base for the Winchesters. The sheriff is Jody Mills, who becomes a close friend of Bobby and the boys.
Fall River is also where the Lizzie Borden House and Museum is, and Sam and Dean go there in a later episode.
Windom is where Sam and Dean meet their up until then unknown half-brother, Adam Milligan.
Which was your favorite place that the Winchesters traveled to?