In the US, Thanksgiving is the biggest eating holiday of the year. And still, our kids want to eat on the way to dinner or in the days before while we’re traveling to Grandma’s or wherever you spend your holidays.
1. Pretzels. I personally love cheese doodles, but I never eat them in the car. Too messy. Pretzels are simple, fat-free, and easy to brush off when you get out of the car.
2. Bottle of water. The heat in the car can be very drying. Be prepared for complaints.
3. M&Ms. The candy that melts in your mouth, and not in your hands. (TM) Small, easy to carry, not messy if you don’t let them melt, and honestly, who does?
4. Twizzlers. A punch of sugar without the sticky fingers.
5. Popcorn. Also not messy, easy to brush off and clean up, but be sure to remember that bottle of water!