It’s summer vacation for many, and many of those go on actual vacations. I can’t be the only one who overpacks. I know I’m not. I’m certain that we will continue to overpack, and maybe this list will help you identify what some of your essentials are. If your essentials are different than mine, please share them in the comments.
- Surge protector – bringing the chargers go without saying.
- Ear phones – I prefer wireless.
- An extra Tote bag – I use this for quick hotel room clean-up, pamphlet collection, newspapers, ticket stubs, that sort of thing that’s not garbage, but you’re not sure what to do with it.
- Nightlight and a flashlight
- Sunglasses and sunscreen – regardless of the season, winter or summer, these will come in handy..
- 3 prong adapter
- Water bottle – bring it empty and fill it in after security. Stay hydrated.
- Lightweight Sweater – again, like number 5, this is a good thing to carry with you regardless of the season. In winter it’s a great extra layer, and in the summer, it will protect you from the air conditioning.
- Always carry an umbrella. Or leave it in your rental car. But keep it nearby. It will almost guarantee clear weather.
- KIndle or other E-reader to pass the travel time.
Check out these two links for other travel essentials: