I want to thank Joan Frankham, who nominated me for the Liebster Award, a recognition for bloggers who are ‘up and coming’, and have less than 200 followers (I did at the time), or whose blog has just been published recently. Joan was recently retired and is writing about her traveling and her adventures in her retirement. You can find her at http://joanfrankham.wordpress.com/category/liebster-award/
In accepting the nomination, I am required to:
1. Tell 11 things about yourself
2. Answer 11 questions asked by the nominating blogger
3. Nominate 11 new bloggers
4. Ask 11 questions to the bloggers you nominated, and
5. Inform the bloggers you choose
11 Things About Me
1. I’m married and have three children, aged 7-16
2. My music preference is alternative. I listen to music that is either 20 years old or 20 minutes old.
3. I’m terrified of water, but waterfalls sooth me.
4. I’m beginning the transition from Judaism to Catholicism; however, I will always be Jewish. You can’t change who you are deep inside.
5. I write fan fiction as well.
6. I dyed my hair red for a Halloween and discovered I should have always been a redhead.
7. My soul (or a past life) is Welsh. I am viscerally tethered to Wales.
8. My best friend will be 30 this summer. When I was 30, I had my first child. Age is just a number.
9. I’m passionate about a few things, but I can’t express it in words the way I’d like, so I write.
10. I’ve only recently discovered how to balance a laptop on my lap. I had never quite mastered it before and always used a table and chair.
11. I’ve recently begun talking about my depression openly, something I’ve been criticized (or at the very least questioned about). I think it’s important for people who have depression or other mental health issues to not be stigmatized.
Answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you
1. Tell us something you have learnt recently
I’ve discovered that I don’t miss soda as much as I thought I would.
2. What is the best experience you have had, and what made it so?
This is a hard one. Working for the Navy in their child development program and traveling alone in Wales. They were both probably the experiences that taught me the most, both in general terms and about myself.
3. Who or what got you in to blogging?
JK Rowling and Harry Potter. I was more upset at how George was left than that Fred died (although Fred dying was very upsetting to me) and I began to write fan fiction. From there, I began to journal about my day and do memes and so on and so here I am.
4. How many countries have you lived in, and which one was the best?
I’ve only lived in the United States. I don’t think I would leave here, but I wouldn’t mind spending much of the year traveling and have a second house/cottage in North Wales.
5. What is the beauty product you can’t live without?
Hmm……I don’t use many. Probably Oil of Olay face cloths, although I wish they still made the anti-aging ones. I think they were stronger than their regular ones and have used them for years (long before I would consider anything anti-aging.)
6. If you could choose any place in the world to live, where would it be, and why?
As I said above, I think I would stay in the US, and keep it as my home base while traveling.
7. How many languages do you speak, and what are they?
I only speak English. I tried to teach myself to speak Welsh and that kind of worked for a couple of years in a very limited capacity, but without anyone to practice with, it faded pretty quickly.
8. Tell me a favourite recipe that you can make really well?
I make pot roast and baked ziti that people always ask for. I also am good at Shepherd’s Pie.
9. What is the most scary thing you ever did?
Traveled to (and drove in) North Wales by myself.
10. What do you find most difficult about blogging?
11. Las Vegas or Aspen?
I think Las Vegas.
11 Blogs I nominate
1. Bohemian Heart: (http://bohoheart.com/)
2. A Life in the Day (http://saritzahernandez.blogspot.com/?zx=7d3585c4fb06f461)
3. EvilSlutopia (http://evilslutopia.com/)
5. Do I Look Sick? (http://doilooksick.wordpress.com/)
6. Kensalfirehorse (http://kensalfirehorse.wordpress.com/2013/01/22/very-inspiring-blogger-award/)
7. Shackled and Crowned: (http://shackledandcrowned.wordpress.com/)
8. Change for a Year: (http://changeforayear.com/)
9. Traveling Chair: (http://travelingchair.wordpress.com/)
10. Chatty Owl: (http://chattyowl.com/)
11. Pastoral Postings: (http://pastoralpostings.wordpress.com/)
11 Questions for those nominees (I may actually answer these myself at another time)
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What’s your ratio of fiction to non-fiction writing?
3. Do you LOVE or HATE social media and which is your favorite/least favorite one?
4. If you have children in the future, will you name them for family/friends or for fictional characters?
5. What’s the first book you remember reading and loving?
6. What was your favorite children’s show when you were a kid?
7. What is your favorite children’s show now?
8. Do you share your blog with your family or friends?
9. Name one hobby that you have and one that you wish you had.
10. What is your favorite book?
11. Stairs or Escalator?